People say that kitchen is the centerpiece of a home where they mostly eat, cook and gather with family.
You can update its look to make it more comfortable. One of the easy ways is installing stainless steel countertop.
Stainless steel is truly a winning element. We have backed up our claim with these jaw-dropping examples.
Stainless Steel Countertop Prices
It’s difficult to find a better option than stainless steel for your kitchen. It is durable yet simple, able to create spacious large open spaces with clean lines while minimizing maintenance. With a stainless steel countertop, you won’t be limited by the limitations of other materials.
Other materials like wood, are prone to warping and cracking over time, or simply changing color with age. Thus you will have to replace the entire kitchen again and again. While a granite countertop is attractive, it’s expensive and is not easy to clean.
But, do you know how much does a stainless steel countertop costs? Below the table that we have prepared for you, you will find different types of stainless steel countertops and their prices.
Find out which one will fit your budget, your kitchen needs, and your design style.
|Stainless Steel Countertop Price||Basic||Standard||Premium|
|Material Prices||$489.00 – $554.00||$556.50 – $689.00||$733.50 – $791.50|
|Installation Cost||$62.50 – $63.50||$65.00 – $76.50||$78.00 – $80.00|
|Total||$551.50 – $617.50||$621.50 – $765.50||$811.50 – $871.50|
|Total Average Cost per square foot||$58.45||$69.35||$84.15|
( Source: remodelingexpense.com )
The price of a stainless steel countertop above will change from time to time. For example, the price of a type of stainless steel countertop will increase if the design or brand is popular.
Also, the place of purchase will affect the amount you pay. To get the best deal possible, you should shop around dealers and compare prices. Be sure to take your time and get the best deal.
Stainless Steel Countertops: Pros and Cons
After reading about the different types of stainless steel countertops, you may be interested in getting one for your kitchen. But before that, you have to know about its good and bad points.
Just like any material, stainless steel has its advantages and disadvantages. There are a few things to consider before buying it for your kitchen.
So, before spending hard-earned money on a new stainless steel countertop, you need to think about these things.
You May Also Like: 15 Slate Countertops Design Ideas For Generate More Valuable Cooking Time
Stainless Steel Countertop Design
Okay, now you already know why we need to have a stainless steel countertop in our kitchen. But if you’re clueless about its design, check out these best designs to choose from!
1. Impressive Details
Do not be afraid of combining glitzy countertop and white walls. They won’t turn your kitchenette into a bland space. The ultimate key is incorporating delicate details into it. As you can see, the black ceiling light steals the show.
• The flag wall decal exudes a patriotic aura.
• Potted greeneries add some life to the whole area.
2. Contemporary Flair
Black and metallic silver is the safe bet. When you involve them in your abode, the result couldn’t be more mesmerizing for certain.
• Stainless steel brightens up the predominantly black kitchen.
• Black grid backsplash lends the space a contemporary look because of its symmetrical pattern.
• A pop of light blue produces a cheerful vibe.
3. Yin and Yang
It is important not to just look awesome. This culinary space proves that having great energy also does matter.
• The cold-toned stainless steel blends harmoniously with the warm-toned wood.
• The wooden floor, cutting boards, storage box, and stools exhibit an intimate and welcoming setting.
• Steel boosts a sense of modernism.
• Fruits and vegetables on the countertop are so pleasantly colorful.
4. Spacious Central Hub
If you are a true fan of sleek design, give it a shot. The high-gloss cabinets and glaring stainless steel furniture take the luxury to a new level.
• The white space scheme provides you fresh and clean effect.
• The mosaic tile backsplash adds textural elements to space.
• Potted plant perks the kitchen up.
5. Kitchen with a View
Who doesn’t want to own this cookery? We guess you have dreamed of it for so long. Here, the area is kept muted and minimal. As the result, it looks so large and airy.
• The high red stools depict the vigorous flavor.
• Oversized windows pamper your eyes with panoramic sights.
• Grey subway floor tiles enhance the room’s elegance.
6. Dazzling Night
When you cook at night, you notice that your kitchen is incredibly exquisite. Thanks to the wonderful lighting. The stainless steel countertop reflects the light at its best.
• The monochrome armless chairs are nice additions.
• The built-in cabinetry saves space.
• Black furniture adds depth to the kitchen.
• Greenery depicts the organic character.
7. Classic Meets Modern
Cannot decide between modern and traditional-style kitchenette? Well, it is the right one for you.
The French country chandelier, cabinetry, cutout marble, and island surface embrace the vintage look. On the other hand, the countertop lends the kitchen lavish modern flavor.
• Wall-mounted lamps deliver industrial charm to yours.
• The indoor plant and zigzag salad bowl are super enchanting.
8. Happy Life
No wonder, this cookery tugs at our hearts. Because it involves invigorating shades such as hot pink, festive orange, and lime green. They lead to a radiant kitchen.
• The ornaments on the open shelving complement space.
• Stainless steel backsplash, refrigerator, and countertop balance out the colorful elements.
9. All About Patterns
The homeowner truly knows how to make the monochromatic culinary space much more appealing. Like the picture shown above, hexagon floor tiles and subway backsplash seem alluring.
• Hanging artwork emanates an artistic personality.
• Sleek hardware makes the kitchen feel modern and stylish.
• This cook’s room is perky with the help of blue and green hues.
10. Balanced World
If you believe that everything should be arranged in good proportions, this idea is the way to go.
This kitchenette welcomes light and dark shades. It features traditional and modern designs. Plus, it has warm and cool tones. What a true perfection!
• Stainless steel gives an industrial and upscale look.
• Charming contrasts lead to gorgeous cooking space.
• The glass windows allow you to get natural lights into the kitchen.
11. Understated Opulence
Small space shouldn’t let you stop dreaming of a plush kitchenette. This tiny cookery shows that it is possible. The presence of stainless steel instantly exudes glamour.
• The cream cabinetry is taken up to the ceiling to optimize the area.
• A striped area rug catches the eye.
• The built-in refrigerator cabinet is a space saver.
• A pop of yellow turns the cookery into the playful zone.
12. Pure Loveliness
If you find your kitchenette uninteresting, opt for a white shade scheme. This pristine color makes the cook’s room look new again. When combined with a metallic hue, it gets even more divine.
• The white cabinetry and backsplash create an open, clean, and roomy setting.
• Potted home plant on the countertop decorates the kitchen.
• The black and white striped rug is the showstopper.
• The sign doubles as a cute decoration.
13. Golden Glow
You and your spouse don’t have to eat out at the romantic restaurant anymore. Because this kitchen produces a romantic vibe. Thanks to the reflective countertop.
• Wood, stainless steel, and concrete bring rustic air to space.
• The minimalist design is suitable for urban dwellers.
• Indoor plant works as natural embellishment.
• Frosted glass cabinet fits well with the modern kitchen.
14. Be Trendy
This householder is surely another Feng Shui believer due to the stainless steel and wood presences. They offer the kitchen space timeless and sophisticated beauties.
• The cookery is larger than it is. Thanks to the white ceiling, wall, and stools.
• Hardwood floor, dining table, and credenza offer inviting touches to space.
• Framed artwork is so artistically pleasing.
15. Dine in Luxury
Since the kitchenette is outfitted with a wooden cabinet, the stainless steel countertop is its perfect contrast. Furthermore, the other silver-toned features let you enjoy the foods in an elegant and plush style.
• The under-cabinet lighting illuminates your cooking area with a soft glow.
• Green and blue fruit bowls liven up space.
• Cream walls soften the metallic accents.
• Polished concrete floor evokes a glamorous aesthetic.
How to clean stainless steel countertop?
You can use mild detergent and warm water to clean your stainless steel countertop. It’s important not to use abrasive cleaning products like bleach or abrasive sponges. You should also avoid using harsh chemicals such as alcohol, acetone, or ammonia-based cleaners.
Where to buy stainless steel countertop?
There are several places where you can buy stainless steel countertops, including industrial supply companies, home improvement stores, and metal fabrication shops. If you visit a home improvement store, you will find a wide range of products from various manufacturers.
Do stainless steel countertops scratch easily?
The short answer is “no”, but stainless steel requires a special type of cleaning. You need to clean it with mild detergents and warm water only. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these will scratch the surface.
How to cut stainless steel countertop?
You may cut stainless steel countertops using a dry or wet saw. A wet saw will cut through most thicknesses of stainless steel with ease and cleanly. However, you may find it difficult to use this method if your stainless steel countertop thickness is thin. In such a case, you will have to use a dry saw.
How to polish stainless steel countertop?
Stainless steel countertops do not require polishing. Once you have installed it, it can last for a long time. You may find this countertop to be more durable than other materials. In addition, stainless steel countertops are easy to clean.
How do you cover a stainless steel countertop?
Stainless steel countertops come with a beautiful finish right off the manufacturer’s line. It will appear shiny and reflective when you buy it. However, over time, you will find that its shine will fade. To restore its shine, you can cover the top with a clear protective coating.
How to remove rust from stainless steel countertop?
Just like any other steel material, stainless steel can develop rust over time. However, you can remove it. To do this, you should first clean the surface using soap and warm water. Then follow it up by wiping it using a cloth that contains iron remover.
How to disinfect the stainless steel countertop?
Bacteria or any other type of germs can contaminate the surface of stainless steel. To keep your stainless steel countertop germ-free, you should keep it clean. You can do this by wiping it with a damp cloth. After that, you can wipe it with a dry cloth to remove any excess water.
The stainless steel countertop is too good to pass up. But before you implement one of those ideas, there is one crucial thing to be put into consideration. Your kitchen must connect well to the other areas.