TSP Home Decor – Beadboard is a term for a kind of board made from woods commonly used for wall paneling. Yes, rather than letting the wall plain after painting, attaching the beadboard is sometimes enough to make the interior look more beautiful and vibrant.
Beadboard backsplash application can be simply used in the bathroom. But sure, you can also use it in other areas at home including the kitchen as the backsplash.
What is Beadboard?
Beadboard is a kind of wall panel that has been produced with a series of cuts in the wood, which looks like beads when they are laid out.
Its production requires the use of high-quality material to ensure durability and strength. The material for beadboard is usually pine or hardwood.
How Do You Attach Beadboard Backsplash To The Wall?
So, how is the application of the beadboard as kitchen backsplashes? Here they are, follow these steps to attach beadboard as a backsplash in a kitchen:
- First, you will need to decide on the location where the beadboard is going to be installed.
- After that, you can already start installing the beadboard. Figure out which part of the backsplash you need for your kitchen.
- Now that you have chosen a location, first measure the size of the wall panel you want to use for the backsplash.
- Cut it according to the desired size. You can use a miter saw or a circular saw to cut the wood, depending on the type of wood used.
- Use nails or screws to attach the beadboard to the wall with the angle you want.
- Wait for the glue to dry before handling the panel carefully so that it does not break while working with it.
- After attaching, use a small hand sander to make sure that the cut inlays are well-polished.
- Then you can already install the other backsplash panels and fillers in the kitchen.
- If you want to add accessories such as a faucet, sink cut-out, or towel bar, then you can do that after installing the beadboard.
Beadboard Kitchen Backsplash Design Ideas
Have you got some idea about designing a beautiful beadboard backsplash? Here are some examples:
1. Beadboard Alongside the Marble and Wooden Furniture
Maybe, the application of wooden furniture and the marble countertop is not enough. Well, rather than letting the space between the countertop and upper cabinets plain, just put the beadboard there.
2. Beadboard in the Kitchen for Cottage Nuance
The application of beadboard indeed reminds you of the atmosphere of cottages in the countryside. So, just use this idea, moreover, when there is already country-style furniture inside.
3. White-Colored Beadboard for Vintage Look
Pastel colors are always appropriate to bring out the vintage look. Of course, white is also included here. So, if you want to have such a vintage kitchen, the white decoration ideas are just very good here. One of them is the beadboard on the wall.
4. It is not always in horizontal lines
Beadboard is always associated to the look of horizontal lines. That’s true but it is not always like that. Some kinds of beardboard have some other patterns like zigzag or even floral. So, just choose one of them that you like the most.
5. Available in various Colors
Beadboard is available in various colors to match any kind of kitchen. So, if the entire furniture is already in white, the colored beadboard can be attached on the wall to avoid the sense of boring and monotonous.
6. Good for Any Type of Kitchen
Although the beadboard application is indeed more about the country or vintage look, it is actually good for any type of kitchen. So, you can actually apply it in the modern and contemporary interior if you want.
7. Make Your Kitchen Look more Stunning
The main reason of beadboard installment is surely to create the different look in the kitchen. More than that, the interior may look more stunning and elegant as well.
Make sure to choose only a qualified beadboard so that it becomes more durable and longer lasting.
8. In Line with Any Kitchen Decoration
Maybe, you are also interested to add any other decorations aside from the beadboard itself. Well, the decorations can be the tiles as the backsplash, vases with flowers, and many more.
Beadboard itself has a quite simply design. Therefore, the kitchen will not look too rousing although all of those decorations are put together along with the beadboard.
9. In Line with the Minimalist Concept
Beadboard has certain patterns that somehow make it look less minimalist. However, you can just apply it in the kitchen with such a minimalist concept since it helps to make the interior look not too plain.
10. Good for a Small Kitchen
When your kitchen is too small, it is sometimes not allowed to apply many decorations since the atmosphere may feel cramped and stuffy.
Interestingly, beadboard is still necessary for a small kitchen. The pattern that tends to be simple tends to make the kitchen not looking too much.
11. Beadboard backsplash is easy to clean
Beadboard is indeed intended for a place that is easily dirty like kitchen and bathroom. So, you should not be surprised if it is really easy to be cleaned even without water.
12. Black Beadboard for an Antique Kitchen
For classic or even antique kitchen with much furniture inside, why don’t you try a kind of black beadboard? The black color sometimes looks more suitable to be along with some wooden furniture with many details and accents.
13. Beadboard from Coarse Dark Wood
Not all bedboard is available in smooth, painted, and varnished conditions. Some of them are still in the form of raw dark wood.
It is to fulfill the demands of customers who prefer kitchen with rustic style. If you are also interested in a kitchen with an artistic vibe, this idea is definitely not bad.
14. Beadboard and Natural Stone as the Backsplash
Do you think that beadboard baksplash is too common? So, try another idea anyway. One of them is by combining the beadboard and natural stone as the backsplash. Your kitchen can just simply look unique and more astonishing.
15. Modern Kitchen Ideas with Beadboard
It has been mentioned above that even boarboard is not always about a vintage or country style. Beadboard is also a good idea for your modern kitchen particularly if you don’t want it look too plain.
16. Match it to Your Entire Kitchen Interior Design
In choosing the beadboad, make sure to consider the kitchen interior design at first. It is in term of color, size, and also the style in general.
For the modern and minimalist kitchen, the beadboard chosen should have a clean look like in the picture below.
17. All White Kitchen Idea with the beadboard
Are you a little bit confused with the kitchen idea to be applied? Well, this simple idea is recommended. How is about applying all white idea in the kitchen including the furniture and cabinets?
Next, make sure to install the beadboard with the same color as the backsplash.
18. Stunning Kitchen Idea with Beadboard and LED Lighting
To accentuate the beauty of the interior design more, make sure that the lighting must also be good. One of the ideas is by using the LED lighting. Some of the lighting should also be installed in the backsplash area.
19. Beadboard Idea for the Backsplash and Furniture
The furniture and backsplash can also be made from the same idea as well. Sure, for the furniture, it doesn’t mean that it must be from the beadboard as well.
But the color and design can be in line with the beadboard on the wall. Add some other decorations like flowers to make the kitchen atmosphere look more vibrant.