TSP Home Decor – Beadboard is a term for a kind of board made from woods commonly used for wall paneling. Yes, rather than letting the wall plain after painting, attaching the beadboard is sometimes enough to make the interior look more beautiful and vibrant.
Beadboard backsplash application can be simply used in the bathroom. But sure, you can also use it in other areas at home including the kitchen as the backsplash.
What is Beadboard?
Beadboard is a kind of wall panel that has been produced with a series of cuts in the wood, which looks like beads when they are laid out.
Its production requires the use of high-quality material to ensure durability and strength. The material for beadboard is usually pine or hardwood.
How Do You Attach Beadboard Backsplash To The Wall?
So, how is the application of the beadboard as kitchen backsplashes? Here they are, follow these steps to attach beadboard as a backsplash in a kitchen:
- First, you will need to decide on the location where the beadboard is going to be installed.
- After that, you can already start installing the beadboard. Figure out which part of the backsplash you need for your kitchen.
- Now that you have chosen a location, first measure the size of the wall panel you want to use for the backsplash.
- Cut it according to the desired size. You can use a miter saw or a circular saw to cut the wood, depending on the type of wood used.
- Use nails or screws to attach the beadboard to the wall with the angle you want.
- Wait for the glue to dry before handling the panel carefully so that it does not break while working with it.
- After attaching, use a small hand sander to make sure that the cut inlays are well-polished.
- Then you can already install the other backsplash panels and fillers in the kitchen.
- If you want to add accessories such as a faucet, sink cut-out, or towel bar, then you can do that after installing the beadboard.